Important facts and dates
|• Tuition: €1,950|
|• Duration: 2 days||• Language: English|
|• Next start date: 26 June 2024||• Type: masterclass|
|• Lectures: Thursday and Friday (09:00 – 17:00)||• Location: Roeterseiland campus|
*UvA alumni receive a 10% discount. Fees are VAT-exempt.
This masterclass is designed for HR-professionals and professionals who:
- work within intercultural environments and who wish to improve their effectiveness and cross-cultural skills;
- lead global operations and manage diverse teams.
Reach out to us for questions about this course or our transportation and accommotion options. We respond within 3 business days.
Jannice Daha LLM
Manager Executive Education
T: +31 (0)20 525 6134
This masterclass has helped me understand the influence of culture on the mind and develop self-awareness on my expat journey. I'm thankful for this experience and the wonderful people who shared their life experiences in the safe space that our teacher Marianna helped us create.Meylinh Hernández, International Account Manager
What will you learn?
During this masterclass, you will:
- gain an understanding of the influence of culture on the mind;
- develop self-awareness of your own cultural conditioning;
- explore psychology (emotions, cognition and behaviour) from a cultural lens;
- develop cross-cultural skills and competencies;
- learn to engage effectively in different settings.
Lecturer and consultant Marianna Pogosyan explains what you will learn in this masterclass. How does culture shape our psychology, our minds and our perspective on the world?
An in-depth understanding of our mind (psychology) greatly impacts building cultural competence (CQ).Amana Wong, Amana Learning Company Limited
With her interdisciplinary doctoral research Marianna Pogosyan investigates culture’s influence on affective mechanisms and its implications for marketing. She works with international executives and their families on all matters of psychological adaptation to a life far from home.
Sign up for our newsletter to get updates on the latest programmes and opportunities of the Amsterdam Business School.