Within the Amsterdam Business School, research is strongly connected with teaching. ABS wants to equip its graduates with an analytical and independent mindset and teach them the skills they need to apply academic research and/or methods judiciously to both their academic study and broader activities.
Since part of the research funding of the ABS is earned with research-based teaching, success in teaching is an important strength of the school and creates a natural link between research and the teaching portfolio. Research-driven education aims to communicate a sense of urgency and fascination for the acquisition of academic knowledge to the students, and to teach them that knowledge is subject to constant change.
About the Amsterdam Business School
- The business school of the University of Amsterdam
- One of Europe's major comprehensive universities
- Truly international in research, curriculum, staff and students
- 3,000 students, 130 faculty of which 46% non-Dutch with 28 different nationalities
- Rooted in the financial and business capital of the Netherlands
- Promoting excellence and leadership in all business areas
- Research fully integrated into the study programmes
- Small-scale interactive seminars, linking theory to practice
- Taught by renowned academics and practitioners
Mission and vision
Amsterdam Business School aims to be a a leading European business school known for high quality research and education. The core values on which we build towards realising our vision are excellence, independent, critical thinking, social engagement and entrepreneurship.
Ethics, Responsibility and Sustainability
The mission and vision of Amsterdam Business School explicitly state that we want to foster independent minds that have an impact on international business and society. Since our inception, we take the societal aspect of this mission and vision very seriously through particular attention to ethics, responsibility and sustainability in research, education and outreach activities.
Rankings and Accreditations
We are proud to be ranked among the best business schools in the world. Not only do we have a sufficient score on rankings, we also belong to the 1% of Business Schools in the world that earned the prestigious 'Triple Crown' status.
In our research and education, we set up partnerships and work together with several affiliate partners:
At the Amsterdam Business School, we strive for ambition and an entrepreneurial mindset of our students, staff and alumni. We selected initiatives, projects, engagement with sociaty and how we are preparing for the future in business, to showcase our sources of inspiration.