You can request STAP Budget for this programme.
Why join the masterclass Neuroeconomics?
What will you learn?
- You will gain an understanding of how the brain makes decisions.
- You will develop awareness of your own and your clients’ decision biases.
- You will learn about rewards and punishments and how they influence decisions.
- You will understand the social brain and its involvement in communication and relationships.
- You will learn how technological advances in neuroscience can be used in business and marketing.
Participants in this masterclass are executives and marketing specialists at all levels that are curious about how decisions are made. Both by their customers, their employees and by themselves.
Dates and fees
Dates Spring Thursday 15 and Friday 16 June 2023 Dates Autumn Thursday 14 and Friday 15 December 2023 Times: 09:30 - 17:30 Fee: €1,950*
*UvA alumni get a 10% discount. Fees are VAT-exempt.
You can request a STAP Budget for this programme. To be eligible for the subsidy of €1,000 you need a STAP registration certificate. To get this, tick the STAP Budget box in the application form above. Take into account that there are deadlines for registration and receiving the necessary STAP registration certificate.
Location: Amsterdam Business School Mode of study Onsite programme Language: English Certification: You will receive a Certificate of Attendance from the University of Amsterdam
Jan B. Engelmann is a psychologist and cognitive neuroscientist. His research and teaching focuses on the neurobiology of social and economic decision-making and has been published in top journals across all fields of neuroeconomics. He is Professor of Neuroeconomics at the Amsterdam School of Economics and leads the research group Amsterdam Neuroeconomics. He also:
- received an MA in Experimental Psychology from the University of St. Andrews and a PhD from Brown University;
- worked with neuroscientists, psychiatrists and economists at Emory University, the University of Zurich and Radboud University;
- received a number of awards, including the Radboud Excellence Fellowship and the John Dickhaut Memorial Grant from the Society for Neuroeconomics.
If you have any questions regarding this masterclass or other short programmes, please contact:
Jannice Daha LLM
Manager Executive Education
+31 20 525 6134