During this 2-day masterclass, you will hear from the Netherlands’ most prominent scientists, thought leaders and entrepreneurs who will share their knowledge of quantum technology. After the masterclass, you will be well-equipped to make strategic decisions that will help you reap the benefits of this technology and manage its risks.
What will you learn?
After finishing the masterclass, you will be able to:
- Identify the most promising business cases of quantum technology in your sector.
- Understand the threat that quantum poses to today’s cryptography, and which steps must be taken to avert security breaches.
- Estimate timelines to indicate when quantum technology will be commercially relevant.
- Discuss concrete steps your organisation can take.
The masterclass covers the entire field, from the applications of quantum computers and the quantum internet to quantum sensors.
This masterclass is designed for professionals working for businesses or governments, and who need to be aware and well-informed of new innovations in IT, security and network technology. This includes:
- Managers and staff of IT/security departments
- Innovation and technology experts
- Strategy and policy makers
No prior knowledge of quantum technology is required. You also do not need any in-depth knowledge of mathematics or physics. The masterclass is particularly well-suited for those involved in organisations and departments that rely heavily on ICT processes and well-optimised business operations. Examples include logistics, security, data science, finance, consultancy, health, business analytics and fintech.
Dates and fees
Dates: Spring edition 2023: dates TBA Time: 14.00-18.00 Fees: € 995*
*(VAT free), UvA alumni will receive 10% discount
Location: Startup Village Amsterdam's Day and Night studios, Science Park 608, 1098 XH Amsterdam Type of course: Masterclass Language: English is the language of instruction Certification: You will receive a Certificate of Attendance from the University of Amsterdam
The lecturers teaching the course have backgrounds in academia and industry practice:
- Koen Groenland (Quantum Innovation Officer at QuSoft)
- Martijn Dekker (Chief Information Security Officer at ABN AMRO)
- Florian Schreck (professor of Experimental Quantum Physics and leader of the Strontium Quantum Gas Group)
- Benno Broer (CEO and co-founder of quantum software startup Qu&Co)
- Deborah Nas (co-founder of the Centre for Quantum & Society and professor of Strategic
Design for Technology-based Innovation at the TU Delft).
- Frank Phillipson (professor of Computational Operations Research and senior
consultant at TNO)
- Marten Teitsma (lecturer Applied Quantum Computing at the Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences)
- Julian van Velzen (lead Quantum Lab at Capgemini).
- Harry Buhrman (professor of Algorithms, Complexity Theory and Quantum Computing at the University of Amsterdam (UvA), group leader of the Quantum Computing Group at Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica (CWI), and executive director of QuSoft).
If you have any questions about the masterclass, you can contact Iris Kroese via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Iris Kroese MA
Manager Executive Education
T: +31 6 1893 8203