Get ready to start your MBA
If you are interested in the Amsterdam MBA programme, but do not yet meet the admission requirements, we offer an accelerated pre-Master's programme.
Requirements MBA pre-Master's programme
- Pre-university education: VWO or HAVO diploma with a 'pass' mark for maths (A or B; A1 is not sufficient).
- Degree: HBO bachelor’s or master’s degree (preferably related to Business Administration and preferably an English language degree programme).
- Institute: (NVAO) accredited university of applied sciences in the Netherlands.
- Bachelor’s degree: 240 ECs containing a sufficient number of relevant courses in the functional domains of business administration: Finance & Accounting, Marketing, HRM, Strategic Management, Supply Chain Management/Logistics, Business Information Management, (Business) Economics.
- Relevant work experience: minimum of three years post-graduate full-time work experience at the start of the MBA programme, and preferably more than 6 years.
- GMAT: satisfactory GMAT score must be submitted before commencing the MBA programme.
- Valid visa or permanent residency. Please note: Dutch universities can only support international student visa applications for full-time studies.
When is your admission to Amsterdam MBA secured?
Admission to the Amsterdam MBA is secured after you successfully complete the full Pre-Master's programme before the start of the MBA programme on 1 September. Please note the following:
- You have 2 attempts at passing every course: 1 regular exam and 1 re-take.
- There are no extra re-take opportunities and there are no exceptions to this rule.
- Pre-master students who do not pass all pre-master courses in 2 attempts are not eligible for admission to the Amsterdam MBA.
- It is not possible to re-do the accelerated pre-master programme the following year.
How to apply?
Deadline is 1 December 2019 (for both Dutch and non-Dutch applicants). Applicants need to submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 December 2019:
- Your completed online MBA application.
- Copy or scan of your passport.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Motivational essay
- Copy or scan of your official transcripts and diplomas from your high school and university of applied sciences
- GMAT/ GRE test score report.
- Two letters of recommendation (each of your two referees can complete a separate recommendation form and email them directly to email@example.com).
- If you obtained your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a university of applied sciences outside of the Netherlands, the MBA Admissions Committee can request you to take an English proficiency test. In this case a copy or scan of your IELTS or TOEFL test result is a mandatory component of your application package.
After an initial selection process, candidates with strong credentials are invited for an admissions interview. Applicants will receive a final decision from the Admissions Committee within four weeks. Admission automatically means conditional admission to the Amsterdam MBA programme.