Important facts and dates
|• Tuition: €2,380 - €5,750*|
|• Duration: 2-6 days||• Language: English|
|• Next start date: 17 April 2024||• Type: programme|
|• Lectures: Wednesdays and Thursdays (09:00 – 17:00)||• Location: Roeterseiland campus|
*UvA alumni receive a 10% discount. Fees are VAT-exempt.
Senior business professionals and managers who grow into a pivotal role in deploying AI-driven working and digitisation in their work and organisations. The programme is suitable for professionals in diverse functions. No specific prior knowledge of IT or analytics is required for this course.
Reach out to us for questions about this course or our transportation and accommodation options. We respond within 3 business days.
Iris Kroese MA
Manager Executive Education
T: +31 (0)6 1893 8203
Play a pivotal role in data-driven business
Unique combination of theory and practice
If you are working in an environment where projects using data analytics is a new development, then I would highly recommend this programme.Jo-Anne Prins – Organisational advisor at the Dutch Tax Office Read Jo-Anne's full review
What will you learn?
After finishing the programme, you will:
- be literate in new technologies, data engineering and analytics;
- understand what these technologies are, how they transform what organisations do and how they do it, and why they have so much impact;
- be able to translate a business opportunity into a data analytic question, and to structure the work into a data science project following the CRISP-DM model;
- be able to recognise validity issues in predictive algorithms and models;
- have a good overview of applications of data and analytics in business, government and healthcare.
The AI for Business Professionals programme is divided into 2 modules. You can choose to follow the first module (2 days) or both modules (6 days). Module 1 dives deeper into understanding AI, data science and big data. While module 2 prepares you for the role of Analytics Translator.
Module 1 (2 days): Understanding AI, data science and big data
- Orientation module: you get a realistic overview of data science, emerging technologies and their potential value for your organisation.
- New forms of data, new analytics, new business opportunities: learn more about big data, machine learning and AI. Understand what you can do with these new forms of data and why they have so much impact.
- Doing data science: learn about managing data-science projects as CRISP-DM projects. In these projects a business opportunity is translated into a data-mining question, data sources are identified and pre-processed, and a model is developed and evaluated, and then deployed.
- Fundamentals of machine learning: explore many of the popular algorithms in machine learning. Our focus is on understanding what it takes to deploy machine learning and AI in a sound, reliable and secure way to create value in a business environment.
- Digital safari: explore the landscape of emerging digital technologies. We review the foundational technologies that enable the digital transformation. We also discuss far-future disruptive technologies and you learn about service & technology ecosystems and SaaS.
Module 2 (4 days): Preparing for the role of Analytics Translator
- AI strategy and value chain, and determining the right business question: learn to connect your business strategy to AI and get maximum value out of data science projects.
- EU Privacy and AI laws: a primer in EU legislation that needs to be considered when using data and algorithms.
- Leading successful data science teams: data analytics teams are multidisciplinary and cover many different skill sets. We offer structures that are helpful in getting flow in data analytics projects. We also discuss what organisational infrastructure such projects need in order to be effective.
- Data visualisation: you learn the design principles and the applicability of various visualisation techniques.
- Data governance and data management: we explore the capabilities needed to ensure that high-quality data are available throughout the organisation in a secure and reliable way.
- Capstone assignment: work on a practical assignment that you develop and discuss with fellow participants and instructors. You will identify a business opportunity in your own organisation where data and analytics could be of value, and translate it into a data-analytic problem. You will identify the required data sources and where they could be obtained. In addition, you will design a suitable organisational structure for deploying such a project in your organisation.
What is it that Analytics Translators do? Why is our unique programme your perfect preparation for this role? Academic Director and Professor Jeroen de Mast explains what this programme is about. Watch this video to learn more.
The lecturers clearly knew what they were talking about and were willing to adapt the material to the group’s learning needs.Tijmen van Diepen, Senior Consultant at Been Management Consulting Read Tijmen's full review
|Module 1||€2,380||2 days|
|Module 1 and 2||€5,750||6 days|
Sign up for our newsletter to get updates on the latest programmes and opportunities of the Amsterdam Business School.