Why choose Asset Management?
- Alongside the 6 general courses of the MSc Finance curriculum, you will take a course in advanced portfolio management and three electives of your choosing. This track offers the broadest range of electives in the MSc programme.
- You will be lectured by experienced professors who will introduce you to state-of-the-art data analysis methods and finance research. You will also interact with industry experts and work on practical case assignments
- You will have excellent job prospects at mutual funds, insurance firms, pension funds and investment management roles that focus on value-based analysis over quantitative trading
Watch Stijn's review of the MSc in Finance.
Deep dive into the field of asset management
Are you interested in pursuing a career in the traditional asset management industry? Do you prefer a job that does not require expertise in computer programming? In the Asset Management track, you will deep dive into the world of trading, investment and derivatives.
Graduates of the Asset Management track have excellent job prospects. They work at Dutch and international companies, such as:
- Van Lanschot Kempen
Is the Master’s in Finance for you?
The MSc Finance trains you to develop a solid foundation of critical thinking and data analysis skills, combined with the specialist knowledge you need to excel. You will get the most out of the programme if you are:
- analytically strong;
- can use logical thinking to build up from assumptions to conclusions;
- have good interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
- have an interest in data analytics.
Vera Scholten: 'The information I am currently absorbing is all very interesting and what I expected to learn and more! The courses all seem to fit together quite well.'
Explore all MSc Finance tracks
Asset Management is one of the tracks you can opt for in our Master's in Finance. Take a look at the other tracks.