Why choose the Real Estate Finance track?
- This track consists mostly of tailored real estate courses that are not open to the other tracks. Students can also choose one elective between courses in international real estate and private equity investments.
- You will be lectured by experienced professors who will introduce you to state-of-the-art data analysis methods and finance research. You will also interact with industry experts from the Dutch real estate industry and work on practical case assignments.
- You will learn how real estate values are affected by sustainable practices like green energy requirements, advanced insulation technology, and wind turbine placement.
Hi, I'm Shakhlo! I'm a Master's student in Finance from Uzbekistan. Got questions about studying at the UvA? Get in touch!Chat with Shakhlo
Watch Stijn's review of the MSc in Finance.
Understand the role of real estate assets
In our Real Estate Finance track, you will learn how to understand the role of real estate assets for individual and institutional investors. At the core of the track are the financial and economic aspects of commercial real estate. You will be fully prepared you for a rewarding career focusing on organisational and financing issues of real estate markets, combining a quantitative and analytical approach.
Graduates of the Real Estate Finance track of our Master's in Finance have excellent job prospects at commercial real estate developers, real estate valuation firms, and investment funds that focus on real estate. Recent graduates have worked at:
- Cushman & Wakefield
- ABN Amro
Is the Master’s in Finance for you?
The MSc Finance trains you to develop a solid foundation of critical thinking and data analysis skills, combined with the specialist knowledge you need to excel. You will get the most out of the programme if you are:
- analytically strong;
- can use logical thinking to build up from assumptions to conclusions;
- have good interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
- have an interest in data analytics.
Vera Scholten: 'The information I am currently absorbing is all very interesting and what I expected to learn and more! The courses all seem to fit together quite well.'
Explore all MSc Finance tracks
Real Estate Finance is one of the tracks you can opt for in our Master's in Finance. Take a look at the other tracks.