You can request STAP Budget for this programme.
Why join the Stranded Assets and Energy Transition Risks masterclass?
What will you learn?
By the end of this masterclass, you will be able to:
- Appreciate the challenges faced by the fossil fuel industry in the low-carbon transition.
- Understand how fossil deposit characteristics may/should influence societies and firms’ choice regarding fossil resource supply and use.
- Explain the main climate mitigation policies and their implications for the fossil industry.
- Apply cost-benefit analysis using different points of view (a benevolent global social planner, governments, firms) with or without factoring in Greenhouse gas emissions’ cost.
- Appreciate the importance of long-term planning and commitment in policymaking to ensure private and public investors factor mitigation risk in their decisions and thus to reduce assets’ stranding.
- Account for future mitigation impacts when designing a business or organisation’s development plan or when making investment decisions.
- Apply existing tools to estimate your business or organisation’s sensitivity to climate change mitigation.
This masterclass is designed for employees of private firms, governments, central banks, NGOs or consultancy companies that are interested in the transition to a low-carbon economy. This masterclass is also interesting for energy or environmental consultants, risk analysts, financial analysts and financial managers, equities and commodities analysts, strategy managers, as well as CSR heads.
Dates and fees
Dates: Spring: Wednesday 24 & Thursday 25 May
Autumn: Wednesday 15 & Thursday 16 November
Time: 9:00 - 17:00 Fees: €1,950*
*(VAT free), UvA alumni will receive 10% discount.
You can request a STAP Budget for this programme. To be eligible for the subsidy of €1,000 you need a STAP registration certificate. To get this, tick the STAP Budget box in the application form above. Take into account that there are deadlines for registration and receiving the necessary STAP registration certificate.
Location: Amsterdam Business School Type of course: Masterclass Language: English is the language of instruction Certification: You will receive a Certificate of Attendance from the University of Amsterdam
Dr Renaud Coulomb is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Melbourne. Prior to joining UniMelb, he was a Research Fellow at the London School of Economics (Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment) and at the Ecole Centrale Paris. He holds a PhD and a master’s degree in Economics from the Paris School of Economics and a master’s degree in International Relations from Sciences-Po Paris, and a bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences from the Ecole Normale Supérieure Paris-Saclay. His research in environmental and resource economics focuses on the impacts of climate change mitigation on energy resource use and on the value of energy firms and their assets.
If you have any questions regarding this masterclass or other short programmes, please contact:
Jannice Daha LLM
Manager Executive Education
T: +31 (0)20 525 6134