Important facts and dates
|• Tuition: €1,950|
|• Duration: 2 days||• Language: English|
|• Next start date: 22 May||• Type: masterclass|
|• Lectures: Wednesday and Thursday (09:00 – 17:00)||• Location: Roeterseiland campus|
*UvA alumni receive a 10% discount. Fees are VAT-exempt.
This masterclass is designed for employees of private firms, governments, central banks, NGOs or consultancy companies that are interested in the transition to a low-carbon economy. It is also interesting for energy or environmental consultants, risk analysts, financial analysts and financial managers, equities and commodities analysts, strategy managers and CSR heads.
Reach out to us for questions about this course or our transportation and accommotion options. We respond within 3 business days.
Jannice Daha LLM
Manager Executive Education
T: +31 (0)20 525 6134
What will you learn?
At the end of the masterclass you will:
- understand how fossil deposit characteristics should influence societies and a firms’ choice regarding fossil resource supply and use;
- be able to apply cost-benefit analysis using different points of view with or without factoring in Greenhouse gas emissions’ cost;
- appreciate the importance of long-term planning to encourage investors to consider mitigation risks and prevent asset stranding;
- be able to account for future mitigation impacts when designing a business or organisation’s development plan, or when making investment decisions;
- be able to apply existing tools to estimate your business or organisation’s sensitivity to climate change mitigation.
Dr. Renaud Coulomb is Senior Lecturer at the University of Melbourne. His research in environmental and resource economics focuses on the impacts of climate change mitigation on energy resource use and on the value of energy firms and their assets.
Sign up for our newsletter to get updates on the latest programmes and opportunities of the Amsterdam Business School.