Why join the masterclass Fintech & Blockchain?
What will you learn?
During this 2 day masterclass, professor David Yermack talks about the technological capabilities of blockchain and how these impact business and society. Additionally, you will be introduced to digital currencies and emerging mobile payment systems. You will have a critical discussion about the opportunities and pitfalls of these rising technologies. The underlying distributed ledger technology has many other potential applications in diverse areas, such as property registration, auditing, regulation, tax, law and financial derivatives.
During this 2 day programme you will:
- acquire an overview of the history, growth, strengths and weaknesses of digital currencies, blockchains, and distributed ledger technology.
- learn about potential applications of distributed ledger technology to new products and services.
- understand the regulatory challenges posed by new payment systems, and the responses of governments in the US, Europe and around the world.
- utilise existing financial benchmarks to evaluate the success of bitcoin and other digital currencies as forms of money and as investments.
- explore blockchain technology and its potential to provide faster, cheaper and more secure financial transactions.
This masterclass is specifically designed for:
- entrepreneurs or emerging companies, for example in the digital currency and mobile payments fields.
- online retailers who are considering the use of these technologies in their business.
- investment managers who are developing products related to digital currencies and other cryptographic assets.
- IT managers or IT consultants who seek to understand the business applications of digital currency technologies.
- managers in financial organisations who need to understand the challenges and opportunities that blockchains and distributed ledgers provide.
- accountants, controllers and financial advisors who need to get acquainted with digital developments and technologies in order to be a good consultant to their clients or management.
- legal professionals who need to understand the regulatory landscape surrounding digital currencies.
- government professionals who need to understand the macroeconomic benefits and risks.
Dates and fees
Dates: To be decided Times: 09:00 - 17:00 Fee: €1,950*
*UvA alumni receive a 10% discount. Fees are VAT-exempt.
Location: Amsterdam Mode of study: Hybrid programme Language: English Certification: You will receive a Certificate of Attendance from the University of Amsterdam
We offer the option to arrange transportation and accommodation. Please inquire about the options via firstname.lastname@example.org.
About David Yermack
David L. Yermack is Professor of Finance and Business Transformation at New York University Stern School of Business.
He serves as Chairman of the Finance Department and Director of the NYU Pollack Center for Law and Business, teaches courses in Restructuring Firms & Industries and Bitcoin & Cryptocurrencies, as well as PhD research courses in corporate governance, executive compensation, and distress and restructuring.
Yermack is guest lecturer of the MBA Big Data & Business Analytics and the Executive Master in International Finance at the Amsterdam Business School where he will teach the course FinTech: Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies.
95% of the people who attended an earlier masterclass of David Yermack recommend it.
‘This masterclass covers all relevant aspects of the blockchain technology and its uses in the financial sector.’
‘Great teacher, very relevant topics and well-explained. Enjoyable 2 days!’
‘A totally new concept you are required to understand, because - one way or another - everybody will use it eventually.’
‘A broad overview of what blockchain is, of recent developments that will impact the world, and much more.’
‘A mind-opening ‘helicopter view’ on blockchain cases, with special attention paid to cryptocurrencies. Everything presented in an easy to understand way. Outstanding!’
Do you have questions about this or our other open programmes? Please contact:
Jannice Daha LLM
Manager Executive Education
T: +31 (0)20 525 6134
For questions about finance-related executive masterclasses, courses (MIF Modules) or the Executive MSc in International Finance, please contact:
Sales and Recruitment Manager
Whatsapp: +31 611 652 044
T: +31 20 525 4056