Why choose the Finance and Real Estate Finance track?
- Alongside the entire Real Estate Finance track, you will take 2 general courses of the MSc Finance curriculum and your choice of two specialised courses in either Corporate Finance or Asset Management.
- This is the only track of the MSc Finance that provides you with a solid grounding in multiple disciplines of finance.
- You will be lectured by experienced professors who will introduce you to state-of-the-art data analysis methods and finance research. You will also interact with industry experts from Dutch firms and work on practical case assignments.
Hi, I'm Shakhlo! I'm a Master's student in Finance from Uzbekistan. Got questions about studying at the UvA? Get in touch!Chat with Shakhlo
Watch Stijn's review of the MSc in Finance.
Specialise in multiple finance fields
The Finance and Real Estate Finance Combination Track is for ambitious students that seek to combine specialist knowledge in real estate finance with a broader understanding of other concepts in finance. It gives you the opportunity to attain a dual specialisation in real estate and either corporate finance or asset management.
Please note that this is a combination track. To apply for this track, you can choose one of the two tracks in Studielink. After you have been accepted for this track, you can ask the Education Desk to add the other track to your programme.
Graduates of the Finance and Real Estate Finance track have excellent job prospects as asset managers, international property brokers, acquisitions or credit managers, and project managers at Dutch or international companies. Recent graduates have worked at:
- Cushman & Wakefield
- ABN Amro
Is the Master’s in Finance for you?
The MSc Finance trains you to develop a solid foundation of critical thinking and data analysis skills, combined with the specialist knowledge you need to excel. You will get the most out of the programme if you are:
- analytically strong;
- can use logical thinking to build up from assumptions to conclusions;
- have good interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
- have an interest in data analytics.
Vera Scholten: 'The information I am currently absorbing is all very interesting and what I expected to learn and more! The courses all seem to fit together quite well.'
Explore all MSc Finance tracks
Finance and Real Estate Finance is one of the tracks you can opt for in our Master's in Finance. Take a look at the other tracks.