Why choose Corporate Finance?
- Alongside the 6 general courses of the MSc Finance curriculum, you will take a course in corporate governance and three electives of your choosing. The electives cover topics such as valuation and behavioural finance.
- You will be lectured by experienced professors who will introduce you to state-of-the-art data analysis methods and finance research. You will also interact with industry experts from Dutch firms and work on practical case assignments.
- You will learn how corporate governance practices affect sustainability, and debate whether firms should reward shareholders versus a broader set of stakeholders
Hi, I'm Shakhlo! I'm a Master's student in Finance from Uzbekistan. Got questions about studying at the UvA? Get in touch!Chat with Shakhlo
Watch Stijn's review of the MSc in Finance.
Pursue a career in Corporate Finance
In the Corporate Finance track we provide a framework for corporate financial decision making related to valuation, funding, corporate restructuring and corporate governance. In the programme the focus is on acquiring advanced knowledge and skills in the field of Corporate Finance. This programme is ideal for anyone interested in pursuing a career in corporate treasury departments, a consulting firm or investment banking divisions that advise companies, or venture capital funds. It also is a great track to prepare you in organising a start-up business model.
Graduates of the Corporate Finance track have excellent job prospects at the advisory groups of investment banks, management consulting, corporate treasury, venture capital firms, and as start-up entrepreneurs. Recent graduates have worked at:
- ABN AMRO Bank
Is the Master’s in Finance for you?
The MSc Finance trains you to develop a solid foundation of critical thinking and data analysis skills, combined with the specialist knowledge you need to excel. You will get the most out of the programme if you are:
- analytically strong;
- can use logical thinking to build up from assumptions to conclusions;
- have good interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
- have an interest in data analytics.
Vera Scholten: 'The information I am currently absorbing is all very interesting and what I expected to learn and more! The courses all seem to fit together quite well.'
Explore all MSc Finance tracks
Corporate Finance is one of the tracks you can opt for in our Master's in Finance. Take a look at the other tracks.