When does the programme start?
The first option to start the MBA in Big Data & Business Analytics is in September.
On which day are classes and lectures held?
Classes and lectures are scheduled on 2 evenings a week (18:30 - 22:00).
What is the duration of the programme?
The MBA in Big Data & Business Analytics takes 24 months.
What degree will I obtain?
Upon completing the programme, you will receive an official recognised Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree, with specialisation in Big Data & Business Analytics.
What is the study load during the programme?
The study load is approximately 20 hours per week, including lecture hours. Attendance at lectures is mandatory.
What accreditation does this MBA have?
The MBA Big Data & Business Analytics is accredited by the Accreditation Organisation of the Netherlands and Flanders (NVAO).
Amsterdam Business School is part of a select group with a 'Triple Crown', accredited by AMBA, AACSB and EQUIS. Worldwide, only 1% of all business schools/faculties with business programmes (approximately 14,000) have managed to achieve this prestigious status.
What are the admission criteria?
In order to be admitted to the MBA in Big Data & Business Analytics, you need to have:
- an academic Bachelor's or Master’s degree and a quantitative or business background;
- a minimum of three years of relevant post-graduate work experience.
What arguments will convince my employer of this MBA?
- You will combine work and study, so you will bring acquired knowledge directly into your organisation.
- Your assignments and thesis will be about issues that play a role within your organisation. This gives your employer the opportunity to use this knowledge in order to solve strategic and operational business challenges.
- You will expand your network with students and alumni from the programme and Amsterdam Business School.
- You will study at an internationally renowned business school, part of the University of Amsterdam.
- How can I apply for this programme?
Can you provide a student visa?
No. As the MBA Big Data & Business Analytics is a part-time programme, the university can’t provide a student visa.
What is the tuition fee?
The tuition fee is €40,000 and covers the complete two-year programme: from courses and exams to the international study trip.
Is it possible to get a loan for the tuition fee?
Yes. The Dutch government provides loans for students combining work and study: the lifelong learning credit (Levenlanglerenkrediet). This loan is only applicable to the Master’s programme.