UvA Economics and Business (UvA EB) students who received a grade of 8 or higher for their master's thesis are eligible to apply. The winning thesis will receive a cash prize of € 1,500, and in recognition of teaching contributions, €500 will be awarded to the thesis supervisor. The winners will be chosen by a panel of ASF representatives.
How to apply
Please submit your thesis to ASF by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) before the 15 October 2020 deadline. The thesis must meet the the following criteria:
- The thesis topic must broadly fall into one of the research themes promoted by ASF: Sustainable Economy, Sustainable Society, and Sustainable Planet (outlined here);
- The thesis must be completed for one of the MSc programmes offered by UvA Economics and Business;
- The thesis was evaluated July and October 2020;
- The thesis must have received a grade of 8 or higher.
In addition to the thesis, the application must include the following:
- A clear and concise motivation written by the supervisor outlining why this thesis deserves the ASF thesis prize (may include comments by the second reader);
- The title of the thesis;
- The name of the student, the student’s master’s programme and school;
- The name of the supervisor and second reader;
- The date of the evaluation of the thesis;
- The student's contact information (email);
- A PDF of the thesis.
Please do not hesitate to contact ASF if you have any questions related to the award or the application process. More information can also be found on the ASF website.