The Entrepreneurship & Innovation section is home to a group of 23 researchers, including junior (tenure track) and leading senior researchers as well as PhD candidates. We aim to be a hub of entrepreneurial spirit and thought leadership from where we further develop our research and education. Many faculty members foster strong ties with business and industry.
Members of the Entrepreneurship & Innovation section regularly publish in a variety of leading international journals, which include:
- Journal of Business Venturing
- Journal of Product Innovation Management
- Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice
- Organization Science
- Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal
- Organization Studies
The research of the Entrepreneurship and Innovation section focuses on the following themes and issues:
- Creative and cultural industries
- Big data and innovation
- Social networks
- Crowdfunding and investment in early stage ventures
- Design and service innovation
- Subjective evaluation and selection processes
Our education and research are based on two interrelated management challenges: creating new ventures and realising innovations. The relevance of the combination of entrepreneurship and innovation has become clear in topics such as open innovation, creative and cultural industries, crowdfunding, the lean startup movement, scaling up new ventures, and corporate entrepreneurship.
The Amsterdam Business School offers a number of courses and programmes in the field of Entrepreneurship at the undergraduate level, BSc and MSc, in short:
- Bachelor Business Administration - Track Entrepreneurship, Innovation & Creativity
- Minor Entrepreneurship (university-wide Bachelor's programme)
- Master Business Administration - Track Entrepreneurship & Management in the Creative Industries (EMCI)
- Master Business Administration - Track Entrepreneurship & Innovation
Our section offers a joint Master's in Entrepreneurship in a collaboration between the University of Amsterdam and VU University Amsterdam:
If you have a question related to the section Entrepreneurship & Innovation, please do not hesitate to contact us.