Since the Master’s in Business Administration is a popular programme and we want to guarantee an interactive programme, we apply a selection procedure. This means that besides the entry requirements, your application will also be selected based on the selection criteria.
The Admissions Office will evaluate your application for this programme based on 1 specific entry requirement:
1. Your academic Bachelor’s degree
In order to be eligible for admission to this Master’s, the following Bachelor's education is required:
- You hold an academic Bachelor's degree in (International) Business Administration from a Dutch university or Communication Science or one of the Bachelor's from our list of Dutch Bachelor’s degrees.
- You hold another Dutch academic degree with relevant Quantitative and Business courses. The Bachelor’s curriculum must include 15 ECTS in academic research with a minimum of 10 ECTS on quantitative research oriented courses (intermediate/advance) and a minimum of 15 ECTS on business courses in at least 2 of the following fields:
- international management,
- entrepreneurship or
- organisational psychology
Students from other UvA faculties
You have direct admission to our MSc in Business Administration without any further conditions such as a minimum GPA or GMAT, if you have:
- a BSc in Bèta-gamma or Future Planet Studies (UvA) with a major in Business Administration (UvA).
- a BSc of PPLE with the Major E&B, provided that the EB-course Strategy and Change (3rd-year course of BSc Economics and Business with course code 6013B0507Y) has been completed.
These students can find enrolment information on this page.
Pre-Master's students from another Dutch university
We have limited places available for pre-Master's students Business Administration from other Dutch universities. Therefore a selection procedure is in place.
The Admissions Office will evaluate your eligibility based on 2 criteria:
- A complete pre-Master's programme
- A minimum GPA of 7.5. The Admissions Board will carefully review all of the applications shortly after the application deadline.
Students from the Breda University of Applied Sciences Strategic Business Management and Marketing programme
If you are a student from the Breda University of Applied Sciences and you have finished your academic minor as part of your final curriculum and diploma, you have direct admission to our MSc in Business Administration without any further conditions such as a minimum GPA or GMAT.
Students from the Hotelschool The Hague programme
If you are a student from the Hotelschool The Hague and you have finished your academic minor as part of your final curriculum and diploma, you have direct admission to our MSc in Business Administration without any further conditions such as a minimum GPA or GMAT.
Pre-Master's Business Administration students from HvA, HvR, or UU
If you have followed a Pre-Master's Business Administration programme (minor) at Utrecht University, Hogeschool van Amsterdam or Hogeschool van Rotterdam, you can find enrolment information on this page.
Pre-Master's programme MSc Business Administration
If your previous education does not fulfill the above-mentioned requirements, you might be eligible for the pre-Master's programme Business Administration.
Meeting the entry requirements alone is not a guarantee for admission. Besides the entry requirements you need to meet the selection criteria. This means that your application will be compared with other applicants. The selection is based on your GPA and motivation letter.
1. Your Grade Point Average (GPA)
Since the Master’s in Business Administration is a popular programme and we want to guarantee an interactive programme, we apply a selection procedure. One of the selection criteria is the Grade Point Average (GPA).
Applicants with a sufficient background are required to have an overall GPA of at least 7.0 or higher to be eligible for selection.
This means that you will not automatically be admitted when you have a 7.0 GPA but that you will be considered for the selection round where places are offered to the applications with the highest GPA until all places are filled.
Calculate your GPA over:
All Bachelor's degree results (year 1-3). Also include any additional Bachelor’s courses.
If you also have a Master's degree, you have to add a second GPA calculation (also minimum 7.0) from all Master's degree results as well.
2. Your motivation letter
One of the selection criteria is the motivation letter. The motivation letter (max. 1 A4) gives you the opportunity to explain why you would be a good fit for the Master’s programme and which experiences has led you to this decision.