Please read all requirements carefully. In the online application you will be asked to upload proof of all mentioned requirements.
1. Academic Bachelor's degree
Applicants from various academic backgrounds may be eligible for admission to the programme, as long as they can indicate a history of having completed enough relevant courses.
- Completed academic BSc, BA or LLB degree (or higher) from a research university.
- An academic working standard, including experience in academic writing. Course requirements: at least 5 EC
- Sound knowledge of research methodology, including sufficient analytical and statistical skills. Course requirements: at least 12 EC in Research skills (qualitative and quantitative) at 3rd year Bachelor's level.
- Experience with entrepreneurship; demonstrated with completed courses in Entrepreneurship (at least 6 credits on 3rd year bachelor level) and/or entrepreneurial experience as (co) founder or (co) owner (at least 6 months, in the past 3 year).
- Applicants need to upload a writing sample in English, their official course list and course descriptions of all the required courses.
- In the online application, applicants need to upload a writing sample in English, their official course list (and, if available, their Bachelor's diploma) and course descriptions of all the required courses.
- Please note that specific entry requirements apply to students with an African, Chinese, or Indian Bachelor's degree.
2. English language proficiency
We require evidence of English language proficiency:
- TOEFL IBT: 92 points overall and 22 points for each sub-score (TOEFL institution code: 9011)
- IELTS (Academic test): 6,5 Overall and 6,0 for each sub-score
- Cambridge Assessment English
- Certificate in Advanced English: 170 Points Overall and in each skill
- Certificate of Proficiency in English: 170 Points Overall and in each skill
Test scores must also conform to the following guidelines:
- An official test score must be received by the application deadline
- If you do not provide a test score before the application deadline, you must have a test scheduled for a date which is before the application deadline
- Your test score may not be more than 2 years old with respect to the start date of your programme, For example, if you're applying for the September 2020 intake we don't accept tests taken before September 2018
Be sure to plan your test on time; test dates fill quickly and it can take several weeks for you to receive your results. Applications without a sufficient score or with a test date after the application deadline, will not be accepted.
You have obtained your Bachelor's degree in one of the following countries: The Netherlands, Australia, Canada (with the exception of Quebec), Ireland, Malta, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States of America.
English language requirements and exemptions
3. Motivation and initiative
Students are expected to have the intrinsic motivation to test and build upon knowledge gained in the programme. Coursework is designed in keeping with this expectation and demands personal initiative and an active contribution on the part of the student. Applicants are expected to upload a motivational video of max. 2 minutes in the online application. If this is technically not possible, a motivation letter is also allowed. Both options will be evaluated equally.
4. Sample of academic writing
We would like to receive a sample of the applicant's academic writing (English or Dutch, max 1500 words, including references) in the online application.
We will assess your application in its entirety, but we are looking for students with good results in their Bachelor’s degree. Please mention your GPA calculation in your online application.