Economics and Business Economics
The Bachelor's programme in Economics and Business Economics offers you:
International perspective and scope
Studying at the University of Amsterdam means working together in small teams of fellow students, many of whom are from abroad, and receiving instruction from lecturers of an equally diverse background. You will be able to collaborate with people from all around the world and you’ll feel at ease in an international environment, something employers increasingly value.
The best launch pad for your career
The UvA maintains strong ties with the international world of business, academia and government – ties from which you stand to benefit. Sit in on fascinating guest lectures from seasoned researchers, policy makers and professionals and have a go at authentic business cases. The up-to-date theoretic and academic skills you'll acquire during your studies will stay with you for your entire career.
The latest research results in your programme of study
The research institutes of the Amsterdam School of Economics and the Amsterdam Business School are just around the corner. Both institutes have a strong reputation in the fields of economics research and business research. During our Bachelor's programme you'll be inspired by renowned researchers who will present their research to students and you'll learn how to conduct your own research.
Freedom to choose your own path
The way you spend your third year is largely in your own hands. Broaden your academic horizon by spending a semester at a university abroad or by taking a minor in another discipline. You can even opt for a challenging internship, which may help you land your first job more easily.
An internationally recognised degree
A degree from an internationally recognised university.
Economics and Business Economics, the BSc programme for you?
Choosing your studies isn’t something you do casually. The programme should of course appeal to you, but that alone doesn’t guarantee success. We’re here to provide you with a best-in-class curriculum; in return we ask for your motivation and your persistence. Do you have what it takes?
- Do you find economics and the world of business fascinating? Would you like to know what role companies play in our economy and how they influence each other?
- Can you see yourself working for an investment company, a consultancy, a government agency or a position in science and research?
- Do you like analysing human behaviour?
- Do you also have a head for numbers?
- Do you like working in teams?
- Can you read and discuss literature in English?
- Can you voice your opinion? Do you have a curious, questioning mind?
- Are you open minded, confident and reliable?
- Are you ambitious, inquisitive and do you like to explore new knowledge?
Would you answer all the above with a ‘yes’? Then this programme may well be the next step to your career.
Watch the presentation
If you're interested in learning more about this programme, you can watch the webinar recording by programme director dr. Florian Wagener and current student Christoph Rusch here. The content of the video is similar to the story told during the UvA Bachelor's day.
- Degree programme
- BSc Economics and Business Economics
- Regular study programme
- 180 ECTS, 36 months
- Language of instruction
- Starts in
- CROHO code