- MSc Business Studies
- Regular study programme
- 60 ECTS, 12 months
- Language of instruction
- Starts in
- February, september
How should business react to recession, globalisation or the opportunities of new technology? Why are some companies successful with ‘green’ products while others are not? Which business model will be successful in the gaming industry?
Business Studies at the UvA
To understand the challenges that business organisations are facing today, insights from many different disciplines are needed. That is why the Master's in Business Studies is offering a wide range of courses in Marketing, Strategic Management, Entrepreneurship, Finance, International Management and Human Resources Management that are typical for a Master's in Business Administration.
A unique characteristic of the Master's in Business Studies is that it complements the broad approach of a Master's in Business Administration with the option to choose a top-level academic specialisation in one of the following disciplines:
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Entrepreneurship and Management in the Creative industries
- International Management
- Leadership and Management
In addition to a preferred specialisation, students may choose from a wide range of elective courses like branding, leadership, management consulting or sustainability. This gives students the opportunity to tailor the programme exactly to their personal preferences and skills.
Top 5 reasons to study here
The Faculty of Economics and Business:
- has an excellent reputation
- has a diverse international student body
- is surrounded by many multinational firms and organisations
- has low tuition fees for EU students
- has a central location in the multicultural city of Amsterdam
Amsterdam is the capital of the Netherlands and the world's most multi-cultural city. Its population of 750,000 inhabitants contains 177 nationalities, more than New York City. It is a centre of culture, commerce and entertainment and the faculty's central location means students have every opportunity to enjoy student life.
Rankings and reputation
The University of Amsterdam offers a world class education:
- 58th in the world and 1st in the Netherlands (QS World University Rankings 2013)
- in top 50 of Social Science Universities (Times Higher Education rankings 2011)
- member of LERU (League of European Research Universities), exclusive network of renowned research universities
- member of Universitas 21, network of 24 leading research-intensive universities in 16 countries.
- the Amsterdam Business School has the prestigious EQUIS accreditation (European Foundation for Management Development)