Business Economics: Real Estate Finance
- MSc Business Economics
- Regular study programme
- 60 ECTS, 12 months
- Language of instruction
- Starts in
Would you like to learn how organisations work? Do you want to know how they make the right investment decisions and how management and staff can be motivated to create as much value for the company as possible? The one-year Master's programme in Business Economics teaches you how to make the right organisational and financial decisions for organisations. It is a specialised programme for students who have a background in business economics and want to focus on organisational and financing issues, using a quantitative and analytical approach.
Business Economics at the UvA
The Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB) specialises in providing students with the broad range of skills, in-depth knowledge and international expertise that they will need in the business world and public sector alike. Students in the MSc in Business Economics will benefit greatly from studying in a faculty with major strengths both in Business Studies and in Economics and Econometrics. In particular, the content of the MSc programme reflects the Finance Group at the Amsterdam Business School (ABS), one of the top ten research-oriented finance departments in Europe. The ABS's researchers are international experts and it has a thriving English-taught PhD programme, providing excellent opportunities for students who wish to go on to doctoral studies following their MSc.
Real Estate Finance is a track of the accredited degree programme Business Economics. After successful completion of this programme, you will receive a legally accredited Master’s degree in Business Economics and the title Master of Science (MSc).
Top 5 reasons to study here
The Faculty of Economics and Business:
- has an excellent reputation
- has a diverse international student body
- is surrounded by many multinational firms and organisations
- has low tuition fees for EU students
- has a central location in the multicultural city of Amsterdam
Amsterdam is the capital of the Netherlands and the world's most multi-cultural city. Its population of 750,000 inhabitants contains 177 nationalities, more than New York City. It is a centre of culture, commerce and entertainment and the faculty's central location means students have every opportunity to enjoy student life.
Rankings and reputation
The University of Amsterdam offers a world class education:
- 58th in the world and 1st in the Netherlands (QS World University Rankings 2013)
- 45th in the world for the disciplines Accounting & Finance (QS World University Rankings 2013)
- member of LERU (League of European Research Universities), exclusive network of renowned research universities
- member of Universitas 21, network of 24 leading research-intensive universities in 16 countries.