Data Science Essentials
Are you ready to kickstart your career as Data Scientist? Join our new 8-day hands-on course Data Science Essentials for business professionals, starting Thursday 14 February 2019.
- Day 1: Introduction to Data Science & Introduction to Python programming
- Day 2: Python programming
- Day 3: Basic statistics for Data Science
- Day 4: Data Preprocessing
- Day 5: Exploratory Data Analysis
- Day 6: Advanced Statistics for Data Science
- Day 7: Visualization
- Day 8: Hackathon
This course is for business professionals that perform analysis on any form of data on a daily basis or that are looking to move into such a position. A technical background or profound affinity is a prerequisite, since you will be learning a programming language and will be developing competences in statistics.
What are the key benefits?
- You will be able to handle structured and unstructured data.
- You can judge the quality of data.
- You are able to perform analysis on it.
- You can report the results in a visual matter.
Dates and Fees
The 8-day course will be scheduled two times in 2019.
Schedule Spring 2019:
- Thursday 14 and Friday 15 February 2019
- Thursday 14 and Friday 15 March 2019
- Thursday 11 and Friday 12 April 2019
- Thursday 9 and Friday 10 May 2019
Schedule Fall 2019:
- Thursday 12 and Friday 13 September 2019
- Thursday 10 and Friday 11 October 2019
- Thursday 7 and Friday 8 November 2019
- Thursday 5 and Friday 6 December 2019
All classes will be held at the Amsterdam Business School, Plantage Muidergracht 12, 1018 TV Amsterdam.
Classdays are from 09.00-17.00.
The course fee is €7950
UvA alumni will receive 10% discount. After completion of the course you will receive a certificate of attendance. The Amsterdam Business School is accredited by NBA to offer 56 PE-hours.
- Contract teaching
- Language of instruction
- Starts in