Frequently asked questions
On this page:
When does the programme start?
The Master's programme and the Pre-Master's Programme start in February and September.
On which day are classes and lectures held?
Classes and lectures are scheduled on Fridays between 9 am and 5 pm at the Amsterdam Business School, centrally located in Amsterdam.
What is the duration of the programme?
The Master's programme takes 18 months. If a Pre-Master's Programme is required this may take an additional 3 periods in one semester (half a year).
What degree is obtained upon successful completion of the programme?
Upon completing the programme, you will receive a Master's of Science (MSc) degree from the University of Amsterdam. You may then use the title MSc.
What is the study load during the programme?
The study load is approximately 20 hours per week, including lecture hours. Attendance at Friday lectures is mandatory.
What are the admission criteria?
- A university degree or a degree from a university of applied sciences including demonstrable knowledge of business subjects
- Sufficient education in mathematics
- Relevant working experience
How can I apply for this programme?
- Use our CV Quick Scan or send a CV, introduction letter and scans of your diplomas and transcripts by email to the Amsterdam Business School, firstname.lastname@example.org;
- You will be informed about the study programme we can offer you;
What is the tuition fee?
The tuition fee from September 2017 is € 16,950 for the Master’s programme (1,5 years).
A Pre-Master's Programme may cost € 4,900 or less, depending on your prior education.
You can pay the fee in instalments; you will receive an invoice each semester.
Is the tuition fee tax deductible?
Yes. Tuition fee as well as the course literature are tax deductible when you pay taxes in the Netherlands.
Is it possible to get a loan for the tuition fee?
Yes. The Dutch government provides loans for students combining work and studies: Leven lang leren krediet.